May 2, 2012 – VA3XPR Global 360 Net
The theme for the May 2, 2012 VA3XPR Global 360 Net was a bit of twist from previous nets, as it featured a “Where Am I?” trivia contest. Participants were provided with clues, one at a time, as to where the net controller, Don, VA3XFT, was located and operating the net from. With each go-around, net participants were encouraged to take a guess as to where the Don was located after each new clue was given.
Sounds too easy you say? Well, the provided clues were as follows:
1. It’s a place located within the city of Toronto;
2. One of the sites visited during the 1939 royal visit by King George VI (Duke of York / Prince Albert) and Queen Elizabeth (Duchess of York / Queen Mother);
3. Accompanied by the memory of Dr. Sun Yat-Sen, the Chinese revolutionary, first president & founding father of the Republic of China;
4. The site of a former Toronto and fill in downtown Toronto area the 1920’s;
5. Bordered to the east by Toronto Transit Route 505;
6. Divided into two halves by the Don River and Don Valley Parkway.
So are you able to guess where Don was located? Well, Jean, VE3WAD got it after just clue #3 with the answer was Riverdale Park!